Criminal Defense Firm
2004 – Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL), Institute of Public Prosecution.
Roman has 17 years’ experience in investigating and defending against financial, corruption, and white-collar crimes, including six years as assistant officer to a prosecutor (a prosecutor involved in the court stages of criminal proceedings) and an investigator of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation.
Roman has been an advocate of the Moscow City Bar Association since 2011.
- Defending and representing private and corporate clients at all stages of criminal proceedings, including pre-investigation reviews and on-the-spot checks.
- Identifying and managing criminal law risks and their consequences in organisations’ business and in their work with contractors and supervisory authorities.
- Protecting businesses from fraud and illegal takeovers.
Roman’s selected project experience:
- Defending a Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation employee wrongfully accused of large-scale embezzlement as part of a group. Thanks to Roman’s continuous efforts, the defendant was released from house arrest and criminal charges were dropped since he was not involved in the crime. As a result, the defendant was reinstated.
- Representing a group of manufacturing and trading companies wrongfully accused of illegal banking activity. As a result of Roman’s work, no charges were filed and no restrictive measures were applied.
- Defending a Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation operative wrongfully accused of embezzlement as part of a group. Thanks to Roman’s work, the restrictive measure of imprisonment was changed to house arrest. The court proceedings resulted in minimum punishment and the civil claim of the injured party was dismissed.