Criminal Defense Firm
1998 Law Institute of the RF Ministry of Internal Affairs, Department of Investigative Activities.
2011 Higher Education Courses at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Administration Academy.
2017 Federal Advocates’ Chamber Higher Professional Education in Criminal Proceedings.
27 years’ investigations and defence experience in business, corruption, and job-related criminal cases, including 20 years working as an investigator at, and the head of, the pretrial investigation agency.
2020 became a partner at Criminal Defense Law Firm.
- Defending at pre-trial and court stages
- Representing witnesses and victims
- Protecting clients during investigations
Author of academic articles on contemporary problems with criminal proceedings, participant in Russian and international conferences on criminal proceedings, defender of advocate professional rights, acts in relation to international legal integration, and acts in defence of EU citizens.
Awarded diplomas by the Federal Union of Russian Advocates. Advocate since 2014.
Irina Krasnova entered the II group of Pravo.ru-300 recommended lawyers ranking in nomination ‘Criminal Law’.
Irina’s project experience includes (optional):
- Defending a public official wrongly accused of receiving a bribe and disseminating false information to the media. The criminal case was dropped due to a lack of evidence. The defamation claim was satisfied.
- Defending a police employee wrongly accused of receiving a bribe. Evidence provided by the defence facilitated requalification of the defendant’s crime. The court imposed minimal sanctions on the defendant.
- Representing the general director of a major construction company. The attorney conducted an extensive analysis and studied the company’s documents. The clear arguments provided by the defence resulted in conclusion of the pre-investigation inspection without initiation of any criminal case.
- Representing the medical director of a Moscow clinic during a pre-investigation inspection in connection with possible misappropriation of funds. In response to the attorney’s arguments, initiation of a criminal case was rejected.
- Defending the owner of a cosmetics company wrongly accused of illegally using another company’s trademark. The attorney identified numerous breaches of the law by investigators and the court of the first instance, which resulted in termination of the criminal case at the appeal instance.
- Defending a businessperson accused of unlawful production of alcohol and involvement in a criminal organisation. Resistance by law enforcement agencies was overcome and the evidence presented led to the charge being altered. Involvement in a criminal organisation and some of the charges were excluded.
- Defending a mayor wrongly accused of abuse of office. The attorney proved that the client’s actions were lawful. As a result, the defendant was released from custody and the criminal case was dismissed.
- Defending a public official suspected of abuse of office. The defence’s clear arguments resulted in the termination of the unsubstantiated criminal proceedings.