Criminal Defense Firm
2002 Moscow University of Consumer Cooperation, First-Class Honours
2020 Department of Higher Professional Education at the All-Russian State University of Justice (RLA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia), Mediation
19 years’ investigations and defence experience in business, corruption, and job-related criminal cases, including 8 years working in the RF Public Prosecution Service and the RF Investigative Committee
2014–2019 Co-Founder and Senior Partner at ZKS Law Firm
2020 Established Criminal Defense Law Firm
Alexey Kasatkin holds his position in the Best Lawyers rating in Criminal Defense for the third year in a row. He also entered the II group of Pravo.ru-300 recommended lawyers ranking in nomination ‘Criminal Law’.
- Defending and representing individuals and legal entities
- Defending business against law enforcement agencies at the pre-court stages of criminal proceedings, including pre-investigation checks and unscheduled inspections
- Protecting businesses from fraud and illegal takeovers
- Employing mediation to resolve disputes
Member of the RF Ministry of Economic Development Expert Board for Reducing Business Related Criminal Law Risks and the Advisory Board of the Federation Council’s Committee for Constitutional Legislation and State Building on Criminal Law, Criminal Proceedings, Penal and Administrative Law, Moscow Business Rights Commissioner Pro-Bono Specialist.
Receipt of awards and commendations from the RF Prosecutor General (2004) and the Chairman of the RF Investigative Committee (2010).
Member of the Moscow Chamber of Advocates since 2011.
Recommended by Best Lawyers for criminal defence.
Alexey’s project experience includes (optional):
- Defending the general director of a medium-sized business alleged to have embezzled a significant amount of funds in the performance of a government contract. Following complaints by the defence with regard to interim measures, the decision on seizure of assets was reversed. The criminal case was referred for further investigation.
- Defending a local politician with a medium-sized business wrongly accused of two instances of embezzlement of a significant amount of money (in excess of 100 million roubles). The defence succeeded in having his actions requalified as less serious offences and reducing the penalty to a fine of 80,000 roubles.
- Representing the victim of a legal entity’s criminal actions (damages in excess of 100 million roubles). The defence’s persistent and aggressive strategy resulted in the case being referred to a superior investigative authority and the escalation of the investigation.